A memorable trip to Kerala-Day 2



You get up in the morning and realize it’s not a working day, it’s the day when you are going to fulfill your souls long awaited desire, travelling is what feeds my soul with happiness. Exploring new places makes my soul happy and there is nothing important in this world than making your soul happy and content with good things.

My morning started with a beautiful view of the city and scrumptious breakfast served by the hotel. You can choose from the two varieties of breakfasts , served by the hotel, one is Indian delicacy which can be any  authentic Kerala breakfast. And then there is English breakfast which includes fruit juice, cereals bread/butter/Jam and coffee with eggs.
I choose to have the Kerala delicacy- Puttu(made with shredded coconut and served with chick peas), an egg and coffee. It would be lie if I say I loved the dish as much as other Keralites do, but yes it was something new for my taste buds.



Itinerary for day-2 in Kerala

1)     Lulu mall- the largest shopping mall in India
2)      Backwaters of Kerala
3)      Cherai beach

Lulu mall



Lulu mall is known the largest shopping mall in India. . It is the shopping heaven for all those who like branded stuffs. It is spread in 1,700,000 square feet ,and houses Some of the renowned International brands of clothes, shoes, makeup and a lot more . Apart from shopping It's also a good place to hang out with friends, Get clicked with gorgeous decors of the mall. 




Backwaters of Kerala

Ernakulam does not have lots of backwater optionsbut I badly wanted to see one, I mean your Kerala trip is incomplete without some backwater tour. So our cab driver took us to 'Cochin Backwater Day Tours' which is 38 min (23.7 km) far from lulu mall, not known to most of the people. I am grateful to the cab driver who took us there.

The guy who talked us through the entire tour of backwater was actually a B.Tech student who was just doing his part time job there. How cool is that, part time job near backwaters. So a private boat will cost you around 3k(Usually they do not charge this much in any other part of Kerala where they have abundance of backwater. 


Initially the depth of the water was only 5 ft (Phew I am safe! Or so I thought). In this 2 hours of ride I got to experience things which calmed my soul without leaving me underwhelmed, I got to see the denseness of mangroves, witnessed different species of birds, got to see the process of making homemade wine, tasted the purest coconut water and the taste of its oozing water was nothing in comparison to any coconut water I have ever tasted in my entire life. I saw how people commute daily through boats and small boats, it was all so wonderful.



a) The Small island midst of the backwaters
I felt how selfish I have been, after seeing the simple life of people on the island, and everyone seems so happy there. I found peace beneath the coconut trees, fresh air and open water in front of me. I cannot explain in words how overwhelmed and peaceful I felt at the same time. You really need to travel and go places yourself to experience these thing, travel changes people, your perspective to look at the world changes. We really need to be reminded between the never ending race of life that money can’t buy happiness and peace, even if it does it wouldn't be eternal happiness and it won’t last long.




Cherai Beach

Cherai  beach is located towards the centre-north of the Vypin island, and it takes almost 1.30 hours to reach there from 'Cochin Backwater Day Tours'.  It was already 4pm when we reached there, so we had sea food at one of the restaurants near the Cherai beach. The prawns salad which I had was not as good as it sounds , but  ya it contented my stomach.



 This was really a good beach it was clean unlike other beaches. It had lot of local crowd as Cherai is located in some rural place. So it must be very common hangout place there. But all are very friendly people and no one will bother you at all. I witnessed the pure magic with the setting sun, the water and the beach looked even gorgeous with each moment as the sun sets. It was really magical.



I was dying out of hunger by the time we left from the beach, We had prawns biriyani, coke and red snapper(which are native to western Atlantic Ocean including Gulf of Mexico). The wait for food was worth I had never tasted  such yummy prawns biriyani in my entire life, you must try sea food if you are in Kerala it’s a must. Its yummy and awesome. 





It was around 7 when we started from the cottage where we had our dinner and reached our hotel room by 9. An again had lot of sleep after the tiring day.

So this is how I spent my second day in kerala. Hope you liked it. Please Share your experience too , If you have been in these places .

Lots of love,
Monika

Comments