Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner Review


Hi guys, How are you all?

I am back to writing again after a short break. I have had a lot of work at office so couldn't get time to concentrate on my blog posts. Nonetheless I am back and today the product which I am going to review is Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner. This is one of the liners that I use on daily basis. It is very affordable and is an awesome product by Lakme. I just wish they had more colour in this range. Keep reading to know more about the Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner.





About the product :


Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner is a black coloured liquid liner, good for everyday use.The product claims to be water resistant. This liquid liner is also good for beginners.





Product Price and Shelf Life:


One of the major disadvantage of Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner is, that the price is not mentioned anywhere. I got this liner from a supermarket near my house. For 9 ml I paid Rupees 110. I remember my friend got the same product for Rupees 90, I asked the shopkeeper to reduce the price but he didn't. But that's okay as this product is worth the price I have  paid. Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner  has a shelf life of 30 months .

Ingredients: 


Another major disadvantage of Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner is that the ingredients list is no where to be found. So there is no way of knowing if a person is allergic to any of the ingredient present in this liquid liner. 




My Experience with the product:


Packaging:   Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner comes in a transparent glass bottle with a screw lid at top. It you open the bottle you can see that the liner brush is attached to the screw lid. The bristles are very fine,making the liner easy to apply. The packaging is sturdy and this liquid liner can be carried easily while travelling. 

Colour and texture:   Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner is nicely pigmented and is dark black in colour.  According to my experience the consistency of this product is neither too thick nor too thin. The liquid is slightly thicker than water. The liner has smooth texture, glides nicely on my eyelids. If you have very oily eyelids then I would recommend applying any sort of powder before applying this liner. This liquid liner looks glossy initially when it is wet, but after drying it gives a perfect matte finish,which is highly impressive.




How to apply Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner: 

Dip the liner brush(the lid with bristles attached to it) in the liquid liner's glass bottle. Hold the liner brush slightly close to your natural lash line and follow the curve of the natural lash line. Keep your eyes closed  for 30-50 seconds after applying the liner, as this liner takes time to dry and may spread if you open your eyes before it dries completely.

Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner-After 8 hours of application

Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner stays for 7 to 8 hours, and I believe if I do not touch my eyelids it can stay even longer. But whenever I touch my eyelids this liner creates a mess around my eyes(As you can see in the picture above,the liner is smudged near inner corners of my eyes). I literally start looking like a panda. As Lakme claims this liquid liner is water resistant because it does not comes out easily when I try to remove it through plain water. To remove this Liquid liner you need to use wet makeup removal wipes/ baby wipes or makeup removal creams. You can also use coconut oil/Almond oil to remove the liquid liner from your lower eyelids. just massage the makeup removal cream around your eyes in circular motion and wipe it away with the cotton ball/makeup wipe. One thing I would also like to add is if you cry or your eyes become wet somehow don't dare touch your eyes, you will end up having panda eyes as the product will smudge.

Pros of Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner:


  • Very affordable.
  • Easily available.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Has fine brush and nice handle.
  • Nicely pigmented.
  • Gives matte finish.
  • Water resistant.
  • Sturdy packaging.
  • Smooth application.
  • Lasts forever.
  • Doesn't peel off,does not cracks.
  • Stays for 8 to 9 hours.(If not rubbed)
  • I didn't feel any side effects or eye irritation.

Cons of Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner:


  •  Price is not mentioned.
  • Ingredient list is not mentioned.
  • Takes long time to dry.                        

Ratings:


3.5/5. I have reduced 0.5 for its drying ability ,as there is no ingredient list and price mentioned so I have reduced other 1 point for that. 

My final verdict:


Good for everyday use as Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner is very affordable and lasts longer. Also good for beginners. I would definitely repurchase this product and recommend for you guys also. 

Thanks for reading this article. If you have any queries regarding this liner please write to me. And I will get back to you.

Love,
Monika


Comments