Valentine's day DIY



Hi guys,






Valentine's week has started, And I really love the red themed decorations going around me. So for today's post I decided to do something different, I finally gave my crafty child its wings, which I was procrastinating from a really long time. I am really pumped about today's post, because today I will be showing you my first DIY  Yeeeeeee... If you don't already know , I am totally a DIY person, I love creating things from waste. It's such a great feeling how you can turn trash into something useful and pretty, reminds me of those good old school days where we use to have "BEST OUT OF WASTE" competitions. Today I am going to do something similar and make a really cool makeup brush holder/ pen holder from a plastic cup. So without further adieu lets get started..... 

Items that you will need.....


  • Glue
  • Liquid glitter, here I have taken red(You can choose any color).
  • Set of other liquid glitters(Optional).
  • Paint brush.
  • Clean plastic cup
  • Red paint(You can choose any color of your choice).
  • Red glitters,(Powder ones)
  • Cello-tape
  • Ribbon(Any colour).



Steps:

1
2
  •  Remove the lid and the straw from the plastic cup, we just need the bottom portion.
  •  To make a design, wrap the cello-tape around the plastic cup so that it makes a circle. Make sure the two ends of the cello-tape meet at same point, creating a circle around the plastic cup. I just added this step to create a design but you can totally skip this step.
  • Take the red paint and mix some glue with it.And now we are going to paint the whole cup.The glue mixed with the paint will help the powdery sparkle to just stick to the plastic cup nicely.
3
4
  • Add glitter to the bottom half of the glass.And let the glass dry for about an hour.
  • After the glass has dried , slowly peel off the cello-tape.And ta da... your makeup brush holder/pen stand is ready. 

5
6
7
8
9

As this was a Valentine's day themed DIY so most of the colour I used is red. You can go ahead and decorate the holder with vivid colored  glitters, paint etc. I have also added a purple bow shaped ribbon to give more detailing to the holder.I also tried creating a heart shape in middle of the bows, but ended up creating a diamond shape, anyways I really liked how this whole DIY turned up.


I will be posting more Valentine's day themed DIY, Outfit, hair, dress and makeup Ideas... Please comment below and let me know, which one you guys want to see. Also tell me what you think about this DIY.

Love,
Monika

Comments

  1. Creative and beautiful ! Would surely try this one soon. But with a diff theme. Blue maybe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. As it was valentines's day so I choose red ,but you can for any color of your choice.....

      Delete
    2. I tried with blue. Looks amazing !

      Delete

Post a Comment