Health & Glow Lemon Grass Exfoliating Bath Scrub Review

Hi guys, 

Our skin becomes very dull and dry during winters, it may be due to the deposition of dead cells over the body which makes it to look lifeless. This is where a body scrub plays its vital role. Body scrub exfoliates the skin and gives back its glow, by removing the dead cells and cleansing the skin thoroughly. A while back I was in health & glow and picked this Health & Glow Lemon Grass Exfoliating Bath Scrub. When I read lemon grass on the label, my mind said "ORGANIC" and I knew I had to pick this up. Continue reading to see how it fared for me... 



 



What the product claims: 



Product Price and shelf life  :


The Health & Glow Lemon Grass Exfoliating Bath Scrub is priced rupees 299 for 500 ml, and has a shelf life of three years.



Ingredients:


  • Aqua- water
  •  Sodium Laureth Sulfate (*B)- is responsible to make product foamy .
  • Cocamidopropyl Betaine - is also known as foam booster, has antiseptic properties.
  • Parfum -perfume.
  • Cocamide-Dea- is responsible for foaming, thickening(of shower gel) enhances the properties of cleansing.
  • Disodium EDTA - helps in cleansing the skin by attracting dirt and oil from skin so it can be rinsed away. prevents cosmectics deteriorating.It also helps the product to be rinsed off completely.
  • Acrylates Copolymer-  acts as  an Absorbent,Adhesive,Binder.
  • Cocamidopropyl betaine -acts as a foam booster, thickning agent.
  • Triethanolamine
  • shell powder
  • Walnut (Juglans regia L.)-  used in the treatment of many ailments, it is anticancer, tonic, blood purifier and detoxifier agent.
  • Benzophenone- Protects from harmful UV rays, and prevents product from deteriorating.
  • Methylchloroisothiazolinone- acts as a preservative and has anti fungal and anti bacterial properties.
  • CI 42090(brilliant blue),CI 19140(lemon yellow) - is responsible for colour of the shower gel.
  • Glycerin - is used as a cleanser, moisturizer. And has other tons of skin benefits.

My Experience with the Health & Glow Lemon Grass Exfoliating Bath Scrub:


Health & Glow Lemon Grass Exfoliating Bath Scrub comes in a rectangular shaped transparent  bottle with a screw lid and press open flap.The body scrub is moss green in color and has fine green, yellow,black and red scrubbing particles. The smell is mild and will not bother the people with sensitive nose. I didn't like the odor of this body scrub much. The Health & Glow Lemon Grass Exfoliating Bath Scrub has thick gel like consistency, however the scrubbing particles are very mild and good for everyday scrubbing.  It cleanses the skin very well ,and washes off completely.I take a generous amount of this product onto my hands and scrub my skin with it, then work the scrub with wet loofah. My skin feels very soft and supple after using this body scrub. If you use this body scrub daily then you can notice the skin is becoming softer.


The fine scrubbing particles.


I didn't like the packaging of this body scrub, as the bottle doesn't have a nice grip to be used in a shower .It's easy to get the product out at the beginning but when you are half way through the product its too tedious to get the product out.There is nothing much to be raved about this product. Its just a normal everyday body scrub.However the amount of product you get for this range is quite impressive.

Press open flap.





What I liked about this shower gel:

  • Affordable.
  • Product will last long.
  • Can be used daily.
  • Cleanses skin very well.
  • Makes skin softer.
  • Retains the moisture of the skin.

What I didn't like about this shower gel:

  • I am not happpy with the packaging
  • Bottle is bulky, not travel friendly.
  • Not for deep exfoliation of the skin.
  • Doesn't lather much.
  • I didn't like the odor.

Would I repurchase/recommend the product? 


This body scrub is good for daily use, but if you want to deeply exfoliate your skin then I would not recommend this product. I think I would like to try some other body scrubs.I would also like to try some DIY body scrubs.


Ratings:

3.5/5

I hope this article was helpful for you guys, If you try this product please let me know your opinion about this. 

Love ,
Monika

Comments

Post a Comment